Last Updated May 25th 2018
Intellicom Ireland Ltd has created this privacy statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy when using our website. The following text discloses our information gathering, storage and dissemination practices for this website: www.intellicom.io and its subdomains.
Collection and use of data
We manage data that we collect from you on two bases, legitimate interest and consent.
- Legitimate Interest
Information collected from you in the performance of our contract to provide a business telephony or contact centre service to you is managed on the basis of legitimate interest. This includes registrations forms that you may complete on your site and communications of certain relevant sales, marketing or technical information in line with the life cycle of the products and services purchased by you.We collect your contact information (email, contact details, postal address and account details). Should orders be placed through our site, we do not hold customer account or credit card numbers. These are processed and held by our secure payment processing partner and are used to bill you as the user for products and services.
Other information that you divulge to us is collected through actions you take on our site, such as completing online forms, downloading reports or subscribing to our blog. This data is managed on a consent basis and you can unsubscribe from these communications at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ option on any of our outbound communications.
We will not collect any personal information about you without your permission. We respect your right to privacy and commit to protecting the personal information we collect from you. We will communicate our updated policies to you by posting a notice on the site and by emailing a notification to you.
Data retention and deletion
- Data is retained as long as you remain subscribed to our communications and in line with product life cycles for existing or past customers. From time to time, we may contact you with pertinent information relating to purchases you have made or services you have subscribed to in the past.
- This data is retained for a period of 5 years in line with product/service lifecycles and is then archived to our data store.
Making money from ads is not our core activity so we will never share your data with any third party for the purpose of marketing. Any tracking that we do on our site is designed to deliver the best possible browsing experience to you.
Your data is shared with a number of third parties which enables us to provide our services to you.
- By completing any of the registration forms on our customer portal, you agree to be added to our Customer Relationship Management system, hosted by a GDPR compliant third party service and the information you supply may be used in the future by us to contact you and send relevant marketing information to you.
- We use a GDPR compliant third party service provider to manage and distribute all of our email communications to you. This includes information on the status of your account, new service additions, regular live and online events and other information that is used to enhance your experience with us.
- Payments processing is performed by a third party. We do not hold customer account or credit card numbers. These are processed and held by our secure payment processing partner and are used to bill you as the user for products and services.
Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights in relation to personal data
We fully respect your right to access and control your personal data. You can access, modify or delete your personal information, or delete your account at any time. Simply send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Data Request”.
Similarly, you can request to be removed from our marketing communications at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ option which is carried on all of our digital marketing materials and emails.
Complaints in relation to the management of your personal data can be made to the Irish Data Protection Commissioner at www.dataprotection.ie
Tracking and Cookies
We use tracking and cookies on Intellicom.io and its subdomains.
We track certain information about you. This information includes elements such as the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our site or not), what browser you are using, and your IP address. Many sites automatically collect this information.
Cookies, amongst other things, are responsible for maintaining your logged in state to a website. Without cookies, every time you moved to a new page on a website, it will think you are visiting for the first time and, ask you to login. However, after logging in, it will forget you have logged in and ask you to login again.
We are committed to investing in and running the most secure systems we can, to protect your data to the best of our abilities at all times. We retain and store your information securely using digital technology and our secure servers are located within the EU. All of the traffic to and from our website is encrypted using SSL secure technology.
We also subject our hosting partners to rigorous checks in relation to data protection practices. Notwithstanding our commitment to protect your information, the internet by its very nature is such that no data transmitted over the internet can be guaranteed as entirely secure and so you are responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your account with us. Intellicom Ireland Ltd., its employees, agents and affiliates, make no representations or warranties as to the security of any information transmitted to or by us over the internet.